Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Duh!

I admit it. I hate the word "Duh!" but sometimes it just fits! Today I had one of those "duh" moments when truth slaps you "up-side" the head and gets your attention.

I am currently enrolling in a program to further my education and vocational opportunities. Let me say to begin with, this is NOT an area I had ever considered before....but since last summer I could feel that gentle nudge that led me to believe this is an area where God is leading me. I have done what I knew to do and am trusting (trying to trust) God with the outcome. That really is easier said than done, you know.

Yesterday, as I was completeing the final papers to send in before the deadline, I realized that the "bar" had been raised. What had initially looked like a shoe-in, now looks to be a much more difficult program to get in to. To add insult to injury, the price of tuition has gone up! Now mind you, I didn't really have the money in the first place, but to add another $500 and possibly gas money to the mix was blowing my feeble little mind! I was lamenting - okay, I was COMPLAINING about this to a friend and she reminded me, "God's got this." I laughed and said something along the lines of yeah, He's got all the money, so why worry...but it was this morning that it "hit" me - the "Duh" moment.

I was getting dressed and thinking about sending my daughter to the store to pick up something for me. I, of course, was about to give her the money to make the purchase, plus a little gas money for making the trip when I went, DUH! I'm not about to send her to the store to get something I told her to get and not give her the provision with which to get it! How much more can I trust God to provide for what I believe He has told me to do?!? Plus, I had already given her money for gas (which I might add she somehow burns through at a lightning speed) but since I really wanted her to make this trip to the store for me, I was going to give her a little more. (There's a whole other blog on how she had foolishly 'spent' her gas...)

We all know the scripture the from Matthew 7:11, "If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" So how come I so often forget this?

The whole point of today's blog is this. If God has directed us to do something that HE wants done, don't we realize He'll provide? Duh!

1 Thessalonians 5:24 (NIV)
"The One who called you is completely dependable. If he said it, he'll do it!"

2 Corinthians 9:8
The Message (MSG)
8-11God can pour on the blessings in astonishing ways so that you're ready for anything and everything, more than just ready to do what needs to be done. As one psalmist puts it,
He throws caution to the winds,
giving to the needy in reckless abandon.
His right-living, right-giving ways
never run out, never wear out.
This most generous God who gives seed to the farmer that becomes bread for your meals is more than extravagant with you. He gives you something you can then give away, which grows into full-formed lives, robust in God, wealthy in every way, so that you can be generous in every way, producing with us great praise to God.

No comments: